Under the Central Bank of The Bahamas Act, 2000 (“the Act”), overall responsibility for the policy and general administration of the Bank is vested in the Board of Directors. The Act provides that the Board, which is appointed by the Governor General, shall consist of a Governor, and four other Directors having wide experience in and having shown some capacity in financial or commercial matters, industry, law or administration.
Current Board members include:
- Mr John A. Rolle, Governor since January 2016
- Archdeacon James Palacious, Board Member since July 2012
- Ms. Paula Adderley, Board Member since September 2014
- Mr. L. Edgar Moxey, Board Member since July 2012
- Mr. Donald Demeritte, Board Member since January, 2016
- Mr. Mario Gray, Board Member since January, 2017
Past Governors of the Bank include: Mrs. Wendy M. Craigg (2005-2015), Mr. Julian Francis (1997-2005), Mr. James H. Smith (1987-1997), Sir William C. Allen (1980-1987) and Mr. T. Baswell Donaldson (1974-1980).